Choosing the right music for your wedding
The speeches have been made, the cake has been cut and now you and your guests are ready to party the night away!
There is such a variety of music out there so make sure that you think about whether you want background music for the meal – from harpists and pianists to acoustic singers, you want to choose something that’s not going to be overwhelming so that everyone can still have a good level of conversation without having to shout across the table!
The most important thing is to choose music that you really like. Other considerations will be your budget and also practicalities so make sure you have a look at the venue and try and plot where best for your entertainment to set up. Choosing the right wedding disco for your evening can feel like a minefield. But with the following pointers you will soon make the best decision for your special day:
- Price – don’t choose your wedding disco by price alone! Take into account their level of expertise, their experience for weddings and their individual style which will contribute in making it a memorable night.
- Relationship – make sure you meet your DJ or entertainer beforehand, it will help when it comes to discussing your playlist options and making the right decision.
- Licenses & Certificates – in particular make sure they have PLI (Public Liability Insurance) and PAT (Portable Appliance Test).
- Plan B – every good DJ should have a second option if a piece of equipment goes wrong, you don’t want to be cutting your night early so make sure you ask them!
- Professional – this can be determined by the quality of his website, telephone conversations, email responses and previous testimonials. Ensure you have receipts for all monies exchanged and at best a contract signed by yourself and the wedding DJ.